My late husband and I raised our family to be helpful and respectful, to be inclusive, and to celebrate diversity. My plan is to continue with those thoughts in mind. I look forward to meeting and working with our residents; to listen and discuss their issues of concern and how we can work together toward resolution. Issues that I want to work on include: Street Repair, Safety and Security, Traffic Light in front of Aspen Court, and More Meetings by Elected Officials to Inform the Community.
- Piscataway Resident for over 40 Years
- Mother and Proud Matriarch of Four Generations Residing in Piscataway
- Civil Rights Advocate for All
- Honored by local Organizations for Community Advocacy
- Annual Voter Registration Volunteer
- Piscataway Poll Worker
- Member of Our Lady of Fatima Church for over 40 years
- Attended and Testified at Piscataway Township Council Meetings
- Annual Block Association Volunteer
- Annual Food and Clothing Drives Volunteer
- Volunteer Chef to Help Feed Families in Piscataway and Surrounding Areas
- Annual Thanksgiving Turkey Giveaway Program Volunteer
- Piscataway FISH Program Volunteer
- Attended Central Career School and Katherine Gibbs School in Piscataway, NJ
Abdul-Basit Haqq ran for and won election to County Committee as a Progressive Democrat in 2017. He has also served the public for over fourteen years as an employee of the State of New Jersey. During that time, Haqq became involved with his union, Local 1037 of the Communications Workers of America. He first served as a Shop Steward, and later was a co-founder of its Next Generation Caucus, a program to train young activists and leaders within the Labor Movement.
In 2015, Haqq joined his Local as a full-time Staff Representative and is directly responsible for representing 800+ state workers. Recently, after eleven years of service, Haqq resigned from the board of his mosque to focus on developing youth leaders within the community.
Since moving to Piscataway to raise his twin boys, Abdul-Basit Haqq has used his knowledge and experiences to work alongside friends and neighbors to create change and work towards a local government that works for all its residents.